Monday, August 23, 2010

What Our Kids are Saying....

By Jamie

A couple weeks ago, Mya asked if there is a door in my belly where the doctor gets the baby out!!!  Then she asked if the doctor uses a screw-driver and a hammer (yikes...I hope not!!!)!

Then, the other day she was outside in the backyard with Jim and told him "Daddy, I can't bend over!"  (Wonder where she heard that from?!!!!  LOL!!!)

The most common question people ask me is if Mya is excited for her baby brother.  Honestly, I don't know if she is!!  I don't think she fully understands what is happening, but I think it has been helpful that we are calling him by name.  Thank the Lord for ultrasounds....how wonderful that she can talk to her little brother Mason in my belly instead of just saying "it" or "the baby"!!!!  She has talked a few times about Mason's bedroom (which is not even close to being done, by the way!) and she has promised me she will help change his diapers and give him a bottle.  Hmmm....we will see if she actually keeps that promise!!! :)

To see pics from Jim's 100-mile bike ride, visit Mya's blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment