Friday, August 6, 2010

Baby Reese/Sarah Update

By Sarah - 30 weeks

Two weeks ago I had a check up and my glucose/iron test… the orange drink was actually pretty refreshing! My glucose levels were fine but my iron was a little low, so I have to take an iron supplement. I really haven’t been good about taking my prenatal vitamins (they make me sick-eh!) and I had exercised without eating that morning so that may have affected my iron levels.

I met Dr. Arbona and really liked her. She noticed a mole/freckle on my belly that she thought looked very suspicious and recommended that I go to a Dermatologist to have it looked at. I am going in to have my family doctor look at it next week and then go from there. Hopefully that turns out to be okay! I did appreciate that she mentioned it- I have no idea what the difference between a “good or bad” one would be!

Reese’s room:

We have been getting Reese’s nursery ready. Her bedding came in the mail and I was so happy to see how beautiful it was! I know we’ll be spending a lot of sleepless nights in her nursery, so I want it to be comfortable. It’s a small room so I don’t want to clutter it up with things we won’t use. This will require some help on Jeremy’s part- he is good at minimizing and de-cluttering spaces. In fact, Carson really doesn’t even have many toys at all. Jeremy “secretly” disposes of stuff he doesn’t use anymore. He doesn’t tell me when he goes on his purges because he thinks I am too sentimental and will want to keep the stuff!!!!... Which is true  This all seems good, but when we have younger kids over, they are probably disappointed at the lack of toy choices they have to play with.

My friend will be painting in a couple weeks and I am very excited. We had a consultation and she knew in minutes what would look good, so I am leaving it all up to her and her expertise!

The end of summer…

We have three more weeks until school starts. Carson has been a little nervous and anxious about the upcoming school year’s beginning. This is kind of unusual for Carson- he typically is not a worrier at all. I credit Jeremy for that- I think Carson inherited that trait from him! He had the same two teachers and classmates for first and second grade and is now going to have a different teacher and a new mix of kids. I keep reassuring him that it’s very normal to feel nervous but that he also may be excited too. I also told him that all the other kids will be having the same feelings. I didn’t, however, tell him that some of his anxiousness may be stemming from little Reesie! Although we consider Carson to be a worry-free kid for the most part, he does like to be in the know about everything. He always asks a million questions and is very good about communicating his feelings. He likes to know all the details about things that will be happening. I think he is anxious about the changes that are about to come at home and school. We are trying to prepare him as much as possible, but we just don’t know how some of this is going to work out!

Carson’s protectiveness:

Carson really is so excited. He asked us if he could spend the night at the hospital with us when Reese is born. Of course we said he could. Jeremy mentioned that they would need to run home at some point to get their things to sleep over and Carson said “Dad, you can go home but I am going to stay with Mom.” I thought that was so sweet- he doesn’t want to miss anything! He has mentioned numerous times that he wants to be the FIRST one to hold little Reese. He is already such a proud big brother.


No comments:

Post a Comment