Monday, August 9, 2010

Sleepless Nights!

By Jamie - 29 weeks

I guess my body is preparing for a newborn because I haven't slept the last two nights!  It's usually my hourly restroom trips that keep me up, but lately it has been that restless leg syndrome and a cold/cough that I got from Mya.  I began feeling horrible last evening when my sore throat got worse and my chest was so tight that I had to put a heating pad on it.  I'm scared to take any medication except Tylenol.  Then during the night, while sleeping on the couch (which seems to be the only place I can get comfortable now!), my chest started loosening up, and I finally got a couple hours of sleep!  Today I feel much better.....except my voice is gone!

I had my glucose test last Thursday, and they called me Friday to say that everything was fine....except that my iron is low (like Sarah!!).  So much for the vitamins and red meat that I've been eating specifically to keep that from happening!  Oh well, no biggie....just need to take an iron supplement. 

On Saturday, I took a couple girls from the youth group down to the outlet mall. They went into the Motherhood Maternity store with me, as I complained the entire time how awful it is to shop while pregnant!!  I ended up finding only 2 things that I liked, and they totalled $50 (rip-off!!!).  I'm going to repeat - I HATE maternity clothes!!  The maternity stores are 90% frumpy, 10% stylish..unless you want to pay a fortune for the high-end brands.  But the shopping trip was worth it--I got some great fall clothes for Mya, and it's always fun to hang out with teenage girls for the day!

:)Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment