Sunday, August 1, 2010

The Home Stretch!!!

By Jamie - 28 weeks

Well, I am finally in my 3rd trimester!!  Only 12 more (short) weeks until my due date, and I can't believe how the summer is flying by!!

We have decided on a name!!!!!  Now, there is still time for us to change our minds, but I think it is unlikely.  Our little boy will be Mason James.

Yesterday, I was shopping at Bed, Bath & Beyond, and the cashier looked at me and said, "It's a boy, isn't it?" and pointed to my belly.  I was shocked!!!  I told her yes, and I asked her how she knew.  She said it is her secret...that she just knows!  Well, I was impressed!

This week, I have my glucose test, and then in two weeks, I'll have another ultrasound to check the placenta and see if it has moved up at all.  It was about this point in my pregnancy with Mya that I began having terrible itching all over my body.  I'm praying that doesn't happen again!  I still haven't gotten that "line" down my stomach....but maybe that comes later, I can't remember!!  I'm actually sleeping pretty well at night, except for having to pee every hour, but I'm used to it by now. 

The things that are becoming difficult for me now:
-Giving Mya a bath-I told Jim that he has to take over this duty.  It's just too hard for me to bend over! 
-Bending over...period. 
-Lifting Mya-Getting her in the carseat is a little difficult, but she's old enough to scoot herself out of the seat and climb out of the car herself now, and even climb up onto it herself.  The only time it's really hard is when she is misbehaving or choosing not to cooperate!!
-Shaving!-This is not something I can have anyone do for me (well, unless I get waxed), so...I just have to do it the best I can!
-Pedicures-I'm happy about this one....what a great excuse to go get a professional pedi!
-Getting on the scale-I don't even want to know how much weight I've gained at this point!!!

Mya and I have a busy week ahead of us, but I'm looking forward to all the events we have the rest of the summer.  I thank God for each day He has given me to stay home with her every day, spend time with her, teach her, and play with her!  I would not trade it for anything!!  Some days are tough and I feel like pulling out my hair or locking her in her room all day so I can have just a day to myself....but, what mother doesn't go through that?!!  It's all a part of parenting...and my 24/7 job of being a Mom!

:)Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment