Saturday, October 9, 2010

Still Pregnant! ...by Sarah

Saturday, October 9, 2010

I am officially on Maternity Leave!  I feel really good and am getting very anxious to meet baby Reese!  I have had NO signs of any labor yet.  I had an appointment with Dr. Arbona on Thursday and she said that I am not quite four cm dilated and my cervix is very thin and ready to go.  She assured me that since things are progressing well, the induction set up for Monday should go very smooth.  We reviewed my chart over the entire pregnancy and everything has been right on track.
Sugar levels: good
Weight gain: good (not sure how that happened with all the ice cream sundaes!)
Blood Pressure: good
Estimated size of Reese: average

I am praying for a FAST and PAINLESS delivery on Monday... but am also preparing for a long and painful one.  I do remember my delivery with Carson and some of the pain coping techniques.  I am sure I will be anxious to get the meds- no matter how well I COPE with the pain!!!! 

Sunny Saturday:
I am going to try and take it easy today.  I can't believe that Carson is going to have a sister!  He is soooo excited!  The neighbor girls that are in his class at school told me that he talks a lot about Reese coming.  We have really made an effort to teach Carson more independence in the last few months.  We do a lot of things for him (kind of easy to do with an only child!) that he is fully capable of doing himself.  On the other hand, though, he has had a lot of privileges that he wouldn't have had.  We have been able to take LOTS of vacations, treat him to concerts, events etc... and spend LOTS of one on one time with him that I truly cherish.
Beginning in January,  I am going to cut back on work a bit.  I will still work full-time, but not the 50+ hour work weeks!  I am still considering my own Salon and would like move forward with that in the next year or so (I have to think about retirement some day- these hands won't work forever!!!).  I have been so fortunate in my career and have such great clients that have become a huge part of my life.  I love my job because of those people.

Time to pack my bag!

No comments:

Post a Comment