Friday, October 22, 2010

Mason's Due Date!

By Jamie

Today is Mason's due date...and he is 17 days old!!!  He had an appt with the pediatrician yesterday, and he is up to 8 lbs 7 oz....he gained one whole pound since his appt last week! 

I've been doing a combination of breast feeding, pumping and formula.  My goal is to eliminate formula altogether, but I haven't been producing enough milk for that yet.  I actually enjoy pumping as opposed to nursing.  It only takes 15 minutes but it forces me to sit still and relax!!  I get frustrated when Mason doesn't latch on right away, so I like giving him a bottle instead.  I've been nursing at least twice per day, though, just to help get more milk!

Trick or treat is just days away!  Jim got Mason his very first Halloween costume...he will be a football!!  Mya is going to be Princess Barbie, so we're on the hunt for some "high-heels" (that she can walk comfortably in) and a Barbie wig.  I have not had any luck trying to get to the grocery store the last 3 days, let alone shopping for Halloween, so this will probably wait until the weekend when Jim is home.

Overall things are going great!  Of course we are tired, and I've had many moments where I'm a little overwhelmed (like when Mason is screaming, I'm trying to make dinner, and Mya is demanding chocolate milk), but I've survived it all so far! 

Have a great weekend, everyone!
:)Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment