Sunday, May 30, 2010

Wedding Weekend!

By Jamie - 19 weeks

It is NOT easy to find cute, wedding-appropriate maternity dresses!!!  I had a wedding to attend last weekend and this weekend--both at my church, so I had to get two separate dresses.  Well, make it three separate dresses because we went to the rehearsal dinner for one of them too.  And I have more weddings to attend before summer is over! Luckily, I was able to find 4 dresses, in two separate shopping trips, all on clearance at Macy's...and none of them are "maternity."  It's great that the flowy, empire waist dresses are in style now!  I will spare you pictures of my growing belly, but here is a pic of Jim and me from yesterday!

 

I am almost halfway through the pregnancy!!!  I will have my ultrasound in a week, and we are sooo excited to find out the sex!  We have started clearing out the "pink room" (our spare bedroom that is painted pink and used to have my vanity and all my mary kay inventory).  We decided that even if it's a girl, we are going to paint over the various shades of hot pink and silver stripes.....it's just a little much for an infant!!!  It has been great to have my own little dressing room all these years, but I'm ready to give it up and turn it into a nursery!

I started to feel the baby kicking around a couple weeks ago.  Now Mya has started telling me that her belly hurts because her baby is kicking her in the belly!!!!  She also told me her belly is getting bigger like mine!  I am definitely not someone who loves being pregnant (and I want to strangle all of you out there who do, because you must not have nausea, vomiting, moodiness, weight gain, etc.!!!!), but feeling the baby moving is very cool, and one of the best parts about it!

Well, I hope everyone has a wonderful Memorial Day!
:)Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment