Tuesday, May 11, 2010

16 Week Appt

By Jamie - 16 weeks

I had my appt with the Dr yesterday, and she said she wants me to do a 24-hour urine collection....yipee :(!!  I had preeclampsia when I was pregnant with Mya, so she wants to check and make sure there is no protein in my urine, which is a sign of preeclampsia.

I had to do this when I was pregnant with Mya, and it was NO FUN!!!  (I think I was 37 weeks along, and had to pee every 20 minutes or so by then, which was why it was such a pain.).  But, I have decided I will not complain about this small inconvenience this time, since I know it is for my own good.  And it doesn't even come close to the blood-thinner shots I had to give myself twice a day for three months when they discovered I had a blood clot after giving birth last time. 

I am going to start "the collection" tomorrow sometime.  I will spare you all the details, but basically I'm stuck at home for 24 hours (unless I want to haul around a container of my own urine with me everywhere!!!).  Then on Thursday, I will have to take it to the lab and get bloodwork.

I'm sure Mya will notice what I'm doing and have some questions and comments to make!  We will see....


:)Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment