Friday, May 7, 2010

Good Days and....

Bad Days!!!
By Jamie, 16 weeks

Mya's behavior these days is almost more than I can handle!!!  I know it's because this pregnancy is causing me to have very little tolerance and absolutely no patience.

The other day, she peed herself.  She has been potty-trained for months now, so I was surprised and a little disappointed when it happened.  I was lying on the couch, not feeling well and trying to rest for a few short minutes.  She grabbed herself and told me she had to go potty.  So I told her to go by herself (because I know she can).  She ran to the bathroom and screamed for me to help her.  By the time I got over to her, she was peeing in her shorts.  I guess it was my fault, since I didn't go help her when she first told me she had to go.  But, I'm trying to teach her independence, not to mention that she has gone by herself before....we even have a little pink potty in the bathroom for her in case she can't get up on the big one.  Then, I threw a bunch of paper towels on the floor and told her to clean it up herself.  She was not happy (Yikes!!  I feel guilty about that.).

I really can't be mad at a 2 year-old for having one little peeing accident.  But, my point is that my brain is not functioning normally now!  My actions and reactions to things are not me!  I'm blaming my mental state and behavior on the pregnancy because it IS the pregnancy!!!!

Only 24 more weeks to go...then I will be faced with a whole new set of issues...Lord, help me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment