Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Telling Eachother....and Telling Our Parents!

Jamie's Entry -

I will let Sarah post about finding out she was pregnant, but I can tell you that she called me right away.  She sounded a little shocked, but I was sooo excited for her!!!  I never expected her to have another baby (her son Carson is 7).  About a week or so later, I knew my period was late.  I had a preg test under my bathroom sink, but it had an expired date on it.....I used it anyway, and it was a clear positive!  I told Jim first, then immediately called Sarah.  I told her I wasn't sure if it was accurate, since it had expired, so she came over the next day with a new test for me!  Definitely positive!! 

We waited a few weeks to tell Dad & Mom.  Sarah came over and we put them on speaker-phone and told them together "We're both pregnant!!!"

Sarah's Entry - Saturday, January 18th


I called Jamie. I could hardly get the words “I am pregnant” out of my mouth. She, of course, made me feel better after I babbled on about how I don’t think I can handle another child. I didn’t think it was possible to love another one like I do Carson and I don’t think we can afford it. She reassured me that it all would work out and that she was very excited for us. I hadn’t even missed my period yet, so I decided not to tell mom and dad at this point. I knew I needed to let this all sink in a little bit too. I didn’t want to be all hysterical again with any other family members.

No comments:

Post a Comment