Thursday, September 23, 2010

What if my husband packed my hospital bag?

What if my husband packed my hospital bag?
By Sarah

Sarah: I would like to think that I am prepared for Reese’s arrival. I haven’t, however, packed my hospital bag yet. I started thinking of some different scenarios and think that under most normal circumstances I will be able to have time to pack my own hospital bag.

Well, what if I can’t? What if I have to meet Jeremy at the hospital? If I left him a list that I could prepare now, would he put the right things in the bag? How hard could it be, right? He knows me better than anyone else!

The more I thought about it, the more I worried!

Jamie: In my case, Mya would probably want to be the one to pack my bag!

Underwear:

Sarah: Would he know NOT to pack the lacy thongs?

Jamie: Lacy thongs? I own a total of 2 pairs of thongs for special occasion dresses, and they are hidden away deep in a drawer!! But, Mya would definitely pick the nice, Victoria’s Secret undies that I have (not so great with all that post-delivery bleeding!).

Robe:

Sarah: He really wouldn’t grab the see-through one with the fur and leopard print, would he?

Jamie: Mya would probably pack me her own little pink robe or my Pink Snuggie!

Bras:

Sarah: Would he know that I have purchased larger, more comfortable bras since I have been pregnant or would he grab my “red cheetah”?

Jamie: Red cheetah…what’s that?? Mya might do okay with this one, since I keep my newer “brawls” (as she calls them) hanging in my closet for easy retrieval.


PJ’s:

Sarah: Hmmm, I think the white satin ones are tucked away in the bottom of a drawer- he wouldn’t….

Jamie: Mya would ask Daddy.  Daddy would grab one of his own t-shirts and a pair of my shorts...the same thing I've been wearing to bed the last 5 months!

Casual outfit:

Sarah: He really wouldn’t grab my pre-preg jeans and polyester stretch cling shirt, would he?

Jamie: Mya would pack my pink maternity sundress.


Toiletries/Makeup:

Sarah: Bar soap? Toothbrush?- Um, where’s the BAG with my $500 worth of cosmetics in it along with my favorite hair tools and products that I use EVERY DAY?

Jamie: Mya would open my vanity drawers and empty each and every cosmetic she sees into a bag. As for hair products…she’d pack my flat iron, that’s it. I wouldn’t have deodorant, a toothbrush, toothpaste, contact solution or any of the real necessities.

***

Sarah: I really started to get a little freaked out. I know it is the hospital- certainly not a fashion event, BUT- these things are important to me! I decided after sleepless nights (not really!) that it would be best that I pack my own bag to go the hospital and in order to guarantee what I want, I should do it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment