Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Baby Reese

By Sarah - 27 weeks

I had my third and probably final ultrasound last week. Reese was moving around like crazy and Jeremy was especially excited. I am not sure if it’s all more real now or what, but he is one proud Daddy! Carson thought it was pretty cool too. He is so lucky to experience all this stuff with us and for the most part, be old enough to understand it! We love the technician who does the ultrasounds- she is soooooo kind and sincere! She spent a lot of time with us reviewing all of Reese’s characteristics! I couldn’t be happier with all the staff at Dr. Chan’s office.


Dr. Chan said the ultrasound looked great… Reese is in the 50th percentile in weight (she weighs 2.2 lbs). In two weeks I will be doing the Glucose test. Also, I will get to meet Dr. Arbona- one of the other OB’s in the practice. Dr. Chan likes her patients to meet all the docs… there is a chance that she won’t be available on the day of delivery, so it will be nice to have met the other ones.

Entering the THIRD trimester is very exciting. I have been very blessed to be surrounded by people everyday who make me laugh, and recognize that each day is a gift. I am so excited for Reese to meet all the wonderful people that are a part of my life! …I know- sappy- but true!!!!!

Carson has been measuring the baby’s growth by hugging me from behind. His fingertips cross each other now, but I told him that in a couple weeks he won’t be able to reach his hands all the way around Reese and me! I can’t wait until the day comes when he can hold her! He is going to be such a proud big bro! I have been cherishing every minute I get to spend with him now as an “only child”. We have had such a great summer so far!!!!!!

Reese’s room:
I picked out the baby bedding and décor for Reese’s room. I LOVE the cheetah print and am anxious to see what Sue (my friend who’ll be painting) is going to come up with for the walls.

I have been researching bottles, strollers and a lot of other stuff- WOW! I have no clue where to even begin! Things have changed so much since I had Carson.

Room décor idea:

Inducing:

I talked to Dr. Chan about her thoughts on inducing. She said that at 39 weeks, if I am at least 3cm dilated, she could go ahead and induce labor. I, however, do not want to do that unless medically necessary! I have so many clients to see during my 39th week and so much to squeeze in that I am hoping not to go early. I know the chances of things going the way I want them to are SLIM… there’s nothing wrong with a little wishful thinking!!!

This week is an extra long work week for me- about 65 hours at the salon. I am only working 2 ½ days next week and am looking forward to the time off at the end of the week. We are hoping to get Reese’s room ready and do some fun things with Carson. Under 90 days to go… yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment