Friday, October 21, 2016

Mason and Reese are 6

by Jamie

Wow, 6 years gone by already!!!!  This is as close to a baby book as I'm going to get with Mason, so I'm going to write all the little details I want to remember about this boy!!!  First of all....he is so tall!!!  Still 99% for height...51 3/4"!!  In fact, he was tall enough to do the zip line at the pumpkin farm we visited last week!  He loves kindergarten!!  He goes alternating two or three days per week and is usually pretty tired when he gets home!



A video posted by Jamie (Stickel) Rathbun (@jamierathbun) on
Mason & Reese, age 6: 


He's been learning a lot of his sight words at school and the teacher is now testing math facts.  He loves math, thanks to all those sport statistics and scores he's always checking on his iPad!!!


The boy LOVES basketball!!!  We got a court put in the backyard a couple months ago, and he's out there playing day, night, rain or shine!!!!  He knows so much about the game and truly enjoys everything about it!


And let's not forget his LOVE of the Cavs!! He got to go to a preseason game the other night!

Mason is still a happy guy!  He's very kind.  At our parent-teacher conference, Mason's teacher said she noticed he wasn't eating his lunch one day in the cafeteria.  She asked him why and he said because he was busy learning sign language from Jonathan (a special needs boy in his class)!  My first prayer each day for my children is that they are loving and kind to others and they are the little lights in a world that is so desperate for Jesus.  I know I fail all the time as their mother and I let my impatience and frustration get the best of me.  But that's when I know I serve a loving God who never changes.  He is never impatient.  He won't fail them.  He won't fail me.  Ever!!!!


Mya, Reese, Mason, Carson & Colton





No comments:

Post a Comment