Friday, May 21, 2010

The News is Out!!!

By Sarah
Jeremy and Carson waiting with me before the ultrasound:
I don't think we were supposed to snap pics in the ultrasound room, so I didn't get one while the tech was in there and baby was on the screen. This is Carson standing by the machine after we were finished (and the tech stepped out). The images of the baby were also projected on a larger monitor on the wall. 
 
The News is Out!


Wow, it is all really starting to sink in now! I am SOOOO glad we found out what we are having. I have gotten well over 100 e-mails and they are still coming in... I am doing my best to check them all. Everyone has been so kind and encouraging... and also VERY funny (lots of hair references!!)! If this little girl is bald till she's three like Carson was, I am in trouble. Lots of expectations of cute baby hairdos!!! Thank goodness for STICK-ON hair bows. If she has lots of hair... is age two too young for hair-color?!!!

Carson was so much fun at the ultrasound appointment! He was asking the tech all sorts of questions about the images. At one point (after about 15 minutes of looking at everything BUT the gender area) he said "I am losing my excitement. When are you going to tell us what the baby is?". After she told us, he must have asked 5 times if he could call grandpa. We had to keep telling him that we had to wait till we got to the car- you'd think we were killing the kid!!! He was sooooo excited about the news of a baby sister!

My relief:
I was so thrilled when the doctor told us that everything looked great with the ultrasound. I can now pray that everything continues to go well and that I have a great delivery and my little daughter is healthy.

Another Ultrasound:
Dr. Chan reviewed my results and her office called today to assure us that all looked good. She is going to do another ultrasound at the end of June (a level one- 2D) to be sure the baby is continuing to develop normally.

I am now REALLY excited to find out if Mya will have a brother or sister... if a sister- I am thinking she could look a lot like my little girl?!

No comments:

Post a Comment